Resources & Reports
Please see below a list of useful resources for young people and those interested in our work. Each link will open up a new window where you can download each resource.
Chilypep research and resources
Participation Resources developed by the OASIS group
We encourage young people to have a voice and active role in how decisions that affect their lives are made. There is so much great practice participation with young people happening every day across the UK. We wanted to bring this together in one place for services and professionals to see.
Toolkits and Guides
Resources and Templates
- Top tips to involve young people in healthcare planning by the NHS Youth Forum
- Youth Volunteering in the NHS Video by the NHS Youth Forum
- Top Tips to involve Young People in Patient Participation Groups by the NHS Youth Forum
- General information about medication by Young Minds
- Next Step is a set of 52 unique cards, with each card representing a particular mood, thought, action or goal. In a one-to-one scenario, Next Step will take you and a young person on a journey, encouraging them to discuss their thoughts and feelings and empowering them to set their own goals by NHS Cheshier and Wirril Partnership
- Doc Ready helps young people get ready for the first time they visit a doctor to discuss mental health.
- Nesta Realising the Value - Website and Publications and practical tools grounded in both evidence and practice, relevant to commissioners, providers and practitioners putting person-and community-centred approaches into practice
- This short guide gives GP practices a range of ideas about how to involve young people. All GP practices have Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) or other community involvement groups, by the NHS Youth Forum
- 4Pi Framework for Involvement - To ntroduce participation as a key part of session working. Also includes how using principles can influence a better environment for participation
- Hear by Right, by the National Youth Agency. This new and updated version of Hear by Right has been designed to be flexible across all sectors, encouraging organisations of all shapes and sizes that work with young people to join us in recognising the importance of young people’s participation throughout all of our work
- YOU’RE WELCOME is a set of quality criteria for young people friendly health services. It provides a systematic framework to help commissioners and service providers to improve the suitability, accessibility, quality and safety of health services for young people
- Scottish Health Council Participation Tools, by Scottish Health Council. Provides a range of tools, guidance and resources for staff working in health and social care or the voluntary or private sectors
- Guidance for involving children and young people in the recruitment process by Barnardo’s
- Top Tip Cards by Blackpool Teaching Hospital
- The ‘My Mental Health Passport’ website is a free space where young people can describe their experiences, preferences, emotions and feelings in a confidential environment. It’s been designed by young people for young people, so they can have more control over their information and their own stories. They’ve also added an emoji journal so young people can keep a track on mood or experiences between appointments to give a truer reflection of how they have been over the course of a week or a month, by Chilypep's STAMP group
- Mental Health Passport Zine for promotion of the Mental Health Passport Website, by Chilypep's STAMP group
Participation Models and Training